Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Pregnancy on Mirena

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Pregnancy on Mirena
I got my Mirena put in late January of this year. I took pregnancy tests in February and march just in-case and both came up negative. since April or so no matter how much dieting and exercise i do my belly continues to grow. I have a hard time breathing (the bigger my belly gets the harder it is). I am constantly tired, I have what can only be explained as hot flashes. There are days I swear something is moving in my belly and the heartburn is uncontrollable. Aside from the fact that I'm not nauseous, everything I'm experiencing I went through while I was pregnant with my first two. Including people walking up to me in stores asking if its a boy or girl, due to my belly being so big. I'm scared to take a test because I will feel like I'm going crazy when it comes up negative, but if it does come up negative why am I "feeling" pregnant if I'm not.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would repeat the pregnancy test, and also do a pelvic exam and possibly ultrasound. It is possible that you may have an ovarian cyst that is causing your symptoms.  I would not delay getting a diagnosis in either case, you need to know the answer.
Good luck!
Dr B
I'm also worried because I drank a few days ago....