Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Pregnancy possible?
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy possible?

I had been placed on  Orthotrycycline low due to multiple ovarian cysts when it came time to get the next months card the nurse convinced me to try orthotrycycline because it was cheaper needless to say I made it through three days of the pill before calling back to get another script for low dose while waiting my husband and I had unprotected sex 3/21 and he did *** inside thinking I was taking the pills It had been a week since my last pill 3/9 I did have a period 3/12 but have had light spotting Until the 20th and was due to ovulate the next day or so What are my pregnancy chances now
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to advise you that your chances for pregnancy are rather high.  If I understand correctly, you stopped your pills on the third day of the pack and were not taking pill for at least a week.
I would recommend asking your provider when to start you new pack and also using a back up method until then.  ALSO, it may be too late, but don't forget about emergency contraception--Plan B or Next Choice
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker