Pregnancy rate after taking yeast infection medicine
I have been taking 84 mg of Tri-Sprintec birth control for about 10 months. I take it every single day around the same time (between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.)  About 8 days ago i had a yeast infection and cleared it up with Tioconazole Ointment (6.5%) Vaginal Antifungal.  My boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex twice within the past week, but he pulled out both times and never "came" in me.  I was not aware until today that Vaginal antifungal can reduce the effectiveness of birth control. What are the chances of me being pregnant because of this?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that your chances are low.  A short course of vaginal antifungal should not reduce the effectiveness of your birth control by much, and the withdrawl method does possibly have some protective effect.   If you don't have your normal period at the end of the pack--do the test, but otherwise I wouldn't give it another thought.
Good luck!
Dr B