Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Premarin/Provera ??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Premarin/Provera ??

I haven't had a period in over a year but because of no insurance I was not able to see a doctor.  Well after 1 round of blood work and a 10 day prescription of Provera I was supposed to start my period.  No such luck.  I then went back to the doctor and they ordered a sonogram.  No cysts or problems were noticed, although they were not able to locate my left ovary.  Then the doctor ordered another round of blood work and prescribed 35 days of Premarin and  I am supposed to take another round of Provera on the last 10 days of the 35 day cycle.  Has anyone had this before?  Did it work?  When I was on the Provera the first time I was a moody basket case, I hope this works!  I'm nervous though after reading all of the side effects and risks with Premarin and Provera.  
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Aside pregnancy, secondary amenrrhoea or delayed periods could occur due to a few causes such as stress or a recent weight change, gynaecological pathology, anovulatory cycles, hormonal imbalance, PCOD, anemia, infections, systemic abnormalities, thyroid imbalances, medication side effect, premature menopause etc. just to name a few. Delay of more than 2-3 months would require complete set of investigations to look into the possible cause. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a gynaecologist to look for possible issues. After a cause(s) is identified it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979