Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Putting Ortho Evra on too early

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Putting Ortho Evra on too early

I put the Ortho Evra patch on when I thought I had started my period, going for the first day start option.  It was a false start and didn't actually start my period til 2.5 days later.  So, I ended up putting the patch on 2.5 days early.  

I know with the first day start option, you do not have to use non-hormonal contraception, but if you use the Sunday start option, you have to use non-hormonal contraception for the first 7 days.

Since I put the patch on 2.5 days early, how will this affect the effectiveness of the patch?
Putting the hormonal patch may effect the effectiveness but not much which you should be worried about. Just use condom when having sex for the first 7 days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.