Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Question about Junel FE 1.5 mg-30 tablets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

My daughter is 17 and has been on Junel FE 1.5 mg-30 tablets for 2 weeks now.  She seems to be having pains in her chest that hurts when she breaths or swallows food.  Is this a symptom or is this possibly Pleuricy/Pneumonia
I had the same problem with the BC Generess but it started about 2 months later. The pill could be too strong for her. Try asking her ob/gyn about switching to a lower dose
Avatar dr f tn
It is difficult to confirm anything without a complete clinical examination. The most common causes of chest pain are heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease, anxiety, pulled muscle and chest wall pain. In pleurisy there is inflammation of the membranes that surround the lungs. When the two layers rub against each other there is severe stabbing pain which gets worse when you breathe.Infections,inflammations,trauma,heart attacks, pulmonary embolism all can lead to pleurisy. It is best to seek medical help. She may need blood investigations and X-ray chest. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!