Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
RISK OF PREGNANCY
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

RISK OF PREGNANCY

Hi,

This month I haven't been very constant with my pill.  I usually take it in the morning. The day before yesterday I forgot to take it, and yesterday I took the due one at night. Last night I had sex, and this morning I took my regular pill.
I am worried about the risks of becoming pregnant, and want to know if I should take the pill of the morning after?

Thank you
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you only missed one pill and made it up the next day, your chances are pretty good that you are not pregnant.  If you have missed MORE than one pill this cycle, I would encourage a patient of mine to take the morning after pill. It can make your cycles irregular, and can cause nausea for about 24 hours but other complications are pretty rare and if you take it within 72 hours of intercourse it has a pretty good efficacy.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
When I miss a pill by more than an hour I make my boyfriend pull out for at least a few days. Just to be extra careful.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank