Severe Vomiting/Nausea during Menstrual Cycle
I have severe vomiting and nausea during my period. It's not happening every month but every 3-4 months Could this possibly be a thyroid problem? I vomit the entire 3-4 days causing dehydration. The only med I can take is  Promethazine suppositories. I w?as on birth control for 10 yrs but has been off for 7 this problem started when I was younger thats the reason for starting birth control. Why is this problem reoccuring after so long? HELPPPP I can't keep vomiting like this any thoughts?
Hi!
It is common for most women to suffer abdominal discomfort, nausea, bloating during menstruation. It may be speculated that the release of natural substances called prostaglandins which cause contractions of the uterine walls, resulting in unpleasant symptoms such as nausea. Endometriosis can cause nausea during menstruation. It may be associated with other symptoms like diarrhea, bloating sharp rectal pain and abdominal cramps. It is best to get yourself evaluated by your gynecologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. I do hope it helps.
Take care and best regards!