Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Should I start my new birth control ring?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I start my rings on sundays and normally get my period on a wednesday or thursday. It is now saturday and it has not come. Should i start my new ring tomorrow anyway? What if i am pregnant and need to consider the option of abortion? I've heard that it resets your cycle..
Take a sensitive pregnancy test, using a first morning urine.  If it is negative, go ahead and insert the ring.

Then take another sensitive pregnancy test in a week.   If it is still negative, fine.  If positive, take the ring out and see your doctor.

it is not uncommon to miss a period, or to have an unusual period, after you have been on birth control for a while.

It would not be necessary to have an abortion, even if the ring was in place for a short while and you were pregnant.  Unless you wanted to have one.

An abortion does not "reset" your cycle.  It removes an embryo from your body.