Aa
A
A
Close
Should I take double dose of birth control to stop breakthrough bleeding / spotting?
I recently resumed taking Seasonique birth control after being off for a while. I am having breakthrough bleeding, spotting that has been lasting almost 2 months now. This has never happened to me before. I am thinking maybe it is because this brand I just got is generic Seasonique (Jolessa). Should I try to get brand name or should I double up on the dosage so I have the hormones in my system?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1720710 tn?1312514115
I dont think the generic version is any different from the actual Seasonique. I am on Seasonique and am now on my second three month pack. I started breakthrough bleeding/spotting roughly into my third week of the first pack and pretty much have been bleeding since, (so a little over two months) It has been annoying to say the least, because in this whole time, I have maybe COMPLETELY stopped bleeding for 2-3 days. I dont think doubling up qill solve the issue, probably your best bet would be to call your doctor. I believe its just my/our bodies get
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1720710 tn?1312514115
I dont think the generic version is any different from the actual Seasonique. I am on Seasonique and am now on my second three month pack. I started breakthrough bleeding/spotting roughly into my third week of the first pack and pretty much have been bleeding since, (so a little over two months) It has been annoying to say the least, because in this whole time, I have maybe COMPLETELY stopped bleeding for 2-3 days. I dont think doubling up qill solve the issue, probably your best bet would be to call your doctor. I believe its just my/our bodies getting used to the idea of not having a period for three months.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
2002523 tn?1327616387
My gyn recommended it for the breakthrough deluge I've experienced just a month into taking it altogether.

I just started taking the generic version of seasonale/seasonique 6 weeks ago.  Four weeks in, I spotted a week, then flowed heavily for a week before I called the doc. She recommended the same doubling up method, instructed me to do so until I stopped bleeding. After that I had an almighty fury of bleeding/cramping/clotting/passing tissue. I just now subsided from the horrid bleeding, a week in to the double-up method. It's not quite stopped but it's not blowing through two super-plus tampons every hour.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources