Should I take double dose of birth control to stop breakthrough bleeding / spotting?
I recently resumed taking Seasonique birth control after being off for a while. I am having breakthrough bleeding, spotting that has been lasting almost 2 months now. This has never happened to me before. I am thinking maybe it is because this brand I just got is generic Seasonique (Jolessa). Should I try to get brand name or should I double up on the dosage so I have the hormones in my system?
I dont think the generic version is any different from the actual Seasonique. I am on Seasonique and am now on my second three month pack. I started breakthrough bleeding/spotting roughly into my third week of the first pack and pretty much have been bleeding since, (so a little over two months) It has been annoying to say the least, because in this whole time, I have maybe COMPLETELY stopped bleeding for 2-3 days. I dont think doubling up qill solve the issue, probably your best bet would be to call your doctor. I believe its just my/our bodies get
I dont think the generic version is any different from the actual Seasonique. I am on Seasonique and am now on my second three month pack. I started breakthrough bleeding/spotting roughly into my third week of the first pack and pretty much have been bleeding since, (so a little over two months) It has been annoying to say the least, because in this whole time, I have maybe COMPLETELY stopped bleeding for 2-3 days. I dont think doubling up qill solve the issue, probably your best bet would be to call your doctor. I believe its just my/our bodies getting used to the idea of not having a period for three months.
My gyn recommended it for the breakthrough deluge I've experienced just a month into taking it altogether.

I just started taking the generic version of seasonale/seasonique 6 weeks ago.  Four weeks in, I spotted a week, then flowed heavily for a week before I called the doc. She recommended the same doubling up method, instructed me to do so until I stopped bleeding. After that I had an almighty fury of bleeding/cramping/clotting/passing tissue. I just now subsided from the horrid bleeding, a week in to the double-up method. It's not quite stopped but it's not blowing through two super-plus tampons every hour.