Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Skipped period - now period is late

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Skipped period - now period is late

Hi, my period is 3 days late. I went on a 6 week holiday to Indonesia, had my period the week before we left and everything was normal and then i skipped my placebo pills for the period that would be next as I was diving etc. Since then my breasts have been sore. It is now time for my period again, although the last active pill is Friday and its not Monday, I usually get my period on the Sunday at some stage but its not here yet? Is it just my hormones? I take my pill every morning and have not missed one. I did get sick while we were away with diarrhea but made sure I took the pill when I knew it would have time to digest (at least an hour).
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would recommend a pregnancy test.  If you have not missed any pills, you are probably NOT pregnant and may just be late for your period due to the stress of travel etc.  It is better to know for certain though.  If you are NOT pregnant, you can start your new pack on time and just wait for the next period.  If nothing happens then, you should probably check in with your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B