Skipped sugar pills for 6 months
I skipped my sugar or white pills of my birth control for about 6 months. Instead of having a period I just went to a new pack. Last month I decided to take them and I experienced very heavy cramping and the worst PMS ever (I'm 29) and only mild spotting. It's now almost time for my next white pills and I'm experiencing extreme nipple tenderness and some cramping. I am just curious if this could be from the hormones balancing out if if I should get a pregnancy test.....any ideas? I've had some nausea but I really think its from birthday party food this weekend and me stressing myself out....
HI,
Although pills are a very effective method of contraception, it would be wise to take a home pregnancy test. More so if you have inadvertently missed a few pills in between.
Hope this helps.
This is most likely from taking the pills continuously.

I take my pills to have a period every 3-4 months.  In the past, I had the same sort of symptoms happening and it lead to a lengthy period.  My doctor told me these sort of symptoms are common when taking it this way and that I needed to stop taking it that way for a few months.  She told me to let myself have a period every month for a few months then resume.  I did as directed, and I was fine.  I also changed the time I take my pill to about five hours later when it was time to start the new pack after my period.  Sometimes it can be as simple as the time you take it throwing things off, too.