Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Spontaneous Period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spontaneous Period

I've been on the depo provera shot for approx. 7 years now. Today while I was out I had some cramping and then quite a bit of bleeding. I haven't had a period in over 6 years, not even spotting. The bleeding was bright red and I didn't notice any blood clots. 8 hours later the bleeding has pretty much stopped. Next shot isn't due for another 2 weeks. I'm out of province and can't see my doctor for awhile. Wondering if anyone has had a similar episode? Wondering if it was a spontaneous abortion....
Hi there,
It may be difficult to determine the exact cause of your symptoms without a complete clinical examination and evaluation. Abdominal cramping and bleeding could be due to pregnancy or ovulation. It could also be due to a miscarriage. Few other conditions where cramps and bleeding could be a symptom are ovarian growths, uterine growths and cervical cancer. You need complete medical evaluation and tests like ultrasound abdomen to detect the cause of your symptoms. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank