Spotting on the pill. 2 advice options- which to follow?
I'm almost done with my 2nd month of the generic Seasonique pill. I love not having a period monthly but I feel like I shouted it from the rooftop too soon. For the past 9-12 days I've been spotting. Its like the last day of my cycle every day now. What gives? I spoke to my pharmacist about it and she said that it's most likely my body adjusting to the hormone levels. I spoke to the nurse at my gyno's office and the Dr. told her that I needed to stop taking my pill for 4 days to let my body flush out what it feels it needs to and restart the pill where I left off. Sooooo whose advice should I follow? Will this dreadful spotting ever stop? I hate that I started taking the pill to be safe and I'm now being told to stop for 4 days which basically means my 2 months of pill taking is now null & void. If that's what must be done though so be it.

A third opinion would be greatly appreciated.
This spotting can be due to hormonal imbalance casued by the birth control pills. Stop taking the pills as advised by your gynecologist and then start the pills again on the first day of periods or the first Sunday after periods.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.