Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Started Ortho-Tricyclen Lo on the wrong day

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

I took Orthro Tricyclen Lo on the wrong day: instead of the Sunday immediately after the start of my period, I took it the Sunday AFTER that, so I misaligned the days by 1 week. Before this, I was taking Orthro regularly for a year, I just missed the the refill appt with my OB/GYN so I couldn't continue exactly on schedule.

All in all, I have been taking it for a year, missing only this last week. I want to know how long to use backup birth control before I can use the pill alone.

Thank you!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to use protection until your period begins.  Once you start your new pack of pills (on time) you should be protected.
Good luck!
Dr B