Starting new pack of birth control 5 days late
I have been on Sprintex birth control for over a year. I am a day one start and I should have started my new pills on monday, but I was on vacation and not able to pick up my next pack until today (fri) so I would be starting the pack 5 days late. I have not had sex since before my period (which ended on monday) so I should have no risk of pregnancy at the moment. However, will I still be protected if I start the new pack today (with a backup method of bc for 7 days) or should I use an alternate method of birth control for the entire month and start a new pack after my next period?
Hi there,
There are no chances that you could get pregnant since you did not have sex since before your period. You will need a back up method for first 7 days along with birth control pills. Moreover you are also protected since the chances of conceiving are very less if one has sex one week before and 1 week after periods as this is a safe period. It will be best to consult a local healthcare provider and get your doubts clarified. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!