Strange Chest/Shoulder Pain on Birth Control

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. I am a 23 year old who eats very healthy and exercises regularly and am a healthy weight. Non-smoker.

I am currently taking Generess Fe (just switched from Ortho Tri-cyclen last month). Anyway, I've always been freaked about the possibility of blood clots on birth control.

Two nights ago, I had some bad chest pain on my left side (very localized to that spot) like under the breast area. It wasn't enough to immobilize me, but it was pretty moderate pain that bothered me all night. It hurt worse when breathing deeply or bending over/moving around. I didn't have any shortness of breath or any other strange symptoms other than the pain.

The next morning I still felt a little strange. I felt better as the day went on, and that night I felt like I had some heartburn (just dully achy pain in chest). Then I started experience some sharp shoulder blade pain on my right side-- and it's still hurting this morning.

I should also say that i've been getting a 'side cramp' on my right rib cage while walking a lot lately.

I have the fear of blood clots and keep thinking it could be in my lungs.. however I tend to freak out/over react ALL the time , so I just keep telling myself everything is fine.

I haven't been traveling for a long period of time or anything recently.. I do have a desk job but try and get up and move frequently and take long walks at lunch. The only other thing I should mention is that my calf was a little sore last week but nothing crazy.. I'd been exercising a lot  (running , elliptical etc) and it wasn't swollen or anything so wasn't concerned. But now I'm thinking back and worried it's related..

Thoughts? Am I over reacting like I always do, or should I actually be concerned?
If you are eating right, having right weight and exercising then chances of any thrombus and emboli formation are less. These symptoms can be due to gastroesophageal reflux. Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods .

Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta.You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec(omeprazole) after consulting your doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.