Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Switching from Yaz to Yasmin.... help me please I am worrying myself to...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Switching from Yaz to Yasmin.... help me please I am worrying myself to death

I have been taking the YAZ contaceptive pill for the past 7 months and due to adverse side affects such as longer periods, I was prescribed yasmin, which I began taking on Monday ( I have taken 3 yasmin tablets from monday to today, wed). In the yasmin leaflet it is reccomended that one should take the first yasmin tablet the day after the last active yaz tablet, which i have done. However the leaflet fails to explain whether you should expect any bleeding in the first month of the switch over. I am sexually active and as a result am starting to worry as I have taken the 3rd pill in the new yasmin packet and have not bled yet.... Should I worry or is this normal, what should I expect. I am beginning to wonder should I go back and take the inactive white YAZ tablets in order to have my period, would this be wise.
Thanks.......
When you switch over from one birth control pill to another, it is normal to find breakthrough bleeding. But it is not present in all cases. Since you have started the new birth control pills skipping the inactive pills, hence you should take it as advised by your doctor and not stop them midway. You may get breakthrough bleeding in between.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.