Birth Control (Contraception) Community
The Patch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

The Patch

So I have been on the patch for a while and I like using it, however the only bad side effect is that it sometimes latches on to the underwear and than comes off every time I change my clothes. I have gone through more patches than I should of doing this. Because of this I ran out of them and before I could go and get more I had unprotected sex and he came in me. We went to go get the pill the next morning but I came on my period ( even though I had just got off a week and some days before) therefore I didn't take the pill because people told me not to worry about it and I was already in enough pain. My question is do I have anything to worry about?
Instead of wearing the patch on your buttox ( I am guessing?) I would suggest wearing it on your abdomen or upper arms, so that it won't come off as easily.  With the patch, if you continue to get on and off of it, it will mess up your menstrual cycle.  I stayed on it a week more than I should have (without taking the "week off") and I didn't have my period until nearly 2 months later.  Even though you had your period, this could still happen if you were pregnant in some cases.  Some women who are pregnant have bleeding, but it's not usually that common.