Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Took the wrong pill on the wrong day
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Took the wrong pill on the wrong day

Hi,

Been using excluton now for a couple of months already. Today is Sunday, last Friday I forgot to take a pill so I took two yesterday. But the problem is, yesterday I took the 12th which is correct and the second pill is the 27th pill instead of the 13th! And so far, yesterday I wasn't able to have a contact with my husband. If you can provide relevant answer and advice, that would be much appreciated. I don't want to get pregnant again at this time!

Thank you all in advance! -Worried Marie
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Exluton is a progesterone only/ mini pill and the theory of taking the double dose the next day, if a dose is missed does not work here unlike the combined birth control pills. With mini pills if a dose is missed it is advised to take the pill as soon as you remember and if the delay is more than 6-9 hours it is advised to use an additional mode of contraception such as condoms for 2-7 days to be on the safer side.
         If the pill is labelled containing two ingredients (an estrogen and a progestrin), the double dose would have worked if taken within 24 hours despite the day variation, though alternative days are best avoided.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
5134931_tn?1364120623
Hi Dr. Kaul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me about my concern... I appreciate it. :)
Blank
Hi,

I also had the same problem above. The day before yesterday, I accidentally took the 27th (sat.) pill instead of the 13th (sat.) pill. I just noticed it yesterday when I was about to take my 14th (sun.) pill. What I did is that I just continued taking the pill so instead of taking the 14th (sun.) pill, I took the 13th (sat.) pill since my aunt said to just continue it without jumping to the exact day as yesterday. Will that work?

Thanks,
Jho
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979