Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Took the wrong pill on the wrong day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Took the wrong pill on the wrong day

Been using excluton now for a couple of months already. Today is Sunday, last Friday I forgot to take a pill so I took two yesterday. But the problem is, yesterday I took the 12th which is correct and the second pill is the 27th pill instead of the 13th! And so far, yesterday I wasn't able to have a contact with my husband. If you can provide relevant answer and advice, that would be much appreciated. I don't want to get pregnant again at this time!

Thank you all in advance! -Worried Marie
Hi there!

Exluton is a progesterone only/ mini pill and the theory of taking the double dose the next day, if a dose is missed does not work here unlike the combined birth control pills. With mini pills if a dose is missed it is advised to take the pill as soon as you remember and if the delay is more than 6-9 hours it is advised to use an additional mode of contraception such as condoms for 2-7 days to be on the safer side.
         If the pill is labelled containing two ingredients (an estrogen and a progestrin), the double dose would have worked if taken within 24 hours despite the day variation, though alternative days are best avoided.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Hi Dr. Kaul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me about my concern... I appreciate it. :)

I also had the same problem above. The day before yesterday, I accidentally took the 27th (sat.) pill instead of the 13th (sat.) pill. I just noticed it yesterday when I was about to take my 14th (sun.) pill. What I did is that I just continued taking the pill so instead of taking the 14th (sun.) pill, I took the 13th (sat.) pill since my aunt said to just continue it without jumping to the exact day as yesterday. Will that work?

Thanks,
Jho