Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Trying to get pregnant after stopping bc pills towards end of pack

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Hi, me and my husband are trying to have a baby now that we've tied the knot. Around the 21st through the 24th of January I decided to allow myself to come on my period so I stopped taking my pills which resulted to a light period (if that is what it was) and on the 24th I had started back on my pills normally. Since we decided to try to conceive I stopped taking my pills on the 27th and by the 31st I was experiencing heavy bleeding. Now, I am still bleeding heavy but on the 30th we had sex...is there any chance I could be pregnant ? How soon after stopping birth control pills will I know if I ovulated?
I dont know about the pill but when i was on depo a few years back for one year i decided to stop gettin the shot because i wasnt getting my period about a week after i  was suppose to get my shot i had sex and found out 3 months later i was 12 weeks pregnant...... beacuse i didnt return to normal periods at the time i didnt think anything then i was gettin sick so i took a pregnancy test...i would jus try n it will happen hopefully sooner than later for ya good luck...
I am on the pill and I believe as you as you stop taking the pill you can become pregnant. Also by stopping the pill you period is going to be off. And it will take a bit for your cycle to return to a regular cycle. I pray that you get what you want soon and that this has helped a bit. May God bless you,
Kimberly
Thank you. I've read plenty of forums about it. I guess it's different for everyone. I just hope it doesn't take long either, although I've been on the pill for about 6 years now.
Well, I will keep you in my prayers. The Lord has blessed me lately and will bless you too.