Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Tubal with clamps side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Tubal with clamps side effects

I had a tubal with clamps put on last friday and would like to know how long the cramping and bloating lasts?  The cramping is really bad and the bloating makes me look 5 months pregnant.
It is normal to find some bloating and cramps after getting the tubal ligation done. These symptoms should go away after a few days. However if you notice any increased pain or severe cramps, then the possibility of an infection should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have had my tubes clamped for almost 5 years and I have been having excruciating pain in my side. I have not been to the doctor because my insurance doesn't kick in until October. I haven't been to the doctor before because I was scared that I would have to get them reversed, but, now I'm thinking getting them reversed is not a bad idea, especially seeing that I have to endure this pain from time to time. The pain gets so bad where I can't walk, and if I try to lay down it hurts worse. I find myself constantly holding my side and walking leaning forward. What is wrong? I know my body and this has never went on until I got my tubes clamped.