Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Unexpected period on the pill?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Unexpected period on the pill?

Well, about two weeks ago, I lost my birth control pills (with less than a week before my period). There was no instructions in the panflet on what to do, so I just started a new pack as soon as I got home. I have just been taking the pill at the usual time without missing. But on day 16 of the pack (the middle of the night last night), I began bleeding. The few days prior to this, I started getting abnormal spotting. The flow is also lighter than usual (even on the pill) and more painful and intense menstral cramps as usual. It is not the early period that I am concerned about, it is how i am going to proceed. I have four pills remaining before the reminder pills and I am unsure whether to continue to take the pink pills until I am out and use the reminder pills? Or should I stop taking the pills and start a new pack on Sunday? Any help is appreiciated. Thank you (: