Vaginal bleeding during bowel movement
I have been taking the combined pill for about a year and recently when I empty my bowels there is sometimes some red blood in the toilet, and when I wipe there is a little bit on the toilet paper. It is definitely coming from the vagina not the rectum. I don't get any bleeding or spotting any other time. I don't experience pain during sex or anything. I thought I might have a hormone inbalance or something but I don't know. Can anyone help me please???
Hi and welcome,
If you have vaginal bleeding with bowel movement then this could be due to endometriosis or due to vaginal infection which can be a STD or a non STD infection. Cysts, cervical polyp, pelvic inflammatory diseases and cervical cancer all can lead to vaginal bleeding.Haemorrhoids commonly bleed during a bowel movement. Do discuss this with your gynecologist and get yourself examined. You will need a CT scan, PAP and vaginal swab test to begin with. If the source of bleeding is rectal consulting a gastroenterologist will be helpful. Hope this helps. Do keep me posted.
Take care!
I have already been to the doctor (that was when I wasn't sure if the blood was coming from the rectum or the vagina) and he said it was probably piles. I am certain now though that it is vaginal bleeding, and I think it is linked to the pill. I have been taking the pill for about a year and when I try to research it online it says random bleeding should only happen in the first few months and then settle down. Is it possible that the pill is becoming less effective the longer I take it? Also, I had some bleeding into the toilet this morning when I did a wee. This is the first time it has happened with just a wee and not poo.
I had the same problem. When I first brought it up to the GYN nurse practitioner, she ignored it. The following year my GYN doctor thought she felt fibroids but the ultrasound did not reveal them. I also had a negative biopsy. She changed my birth control pills. Still the bleeding kept occurring.  This year, the doctor performed a hysteroscopy and it revealed that I had 2 golf-ball sized fibroids embedded in the uterine wall. Keep persistent with the doctor until they find out the problem. Best wishes.