Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Very nervous

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Very nervous

Hi, on October 13th I had sex with my fiancé and while he was pulling out I noticed the condom sort of moved a little off so as a precaution I went ahead and took the Next Choice One Step pill 1 hour after all this happened. On the 19th I experienced what others call withdrawal bleeding. My last period was on the 3rd of October, now my question is could there be a possibility I'm pregnant? My cycle is about 28 days
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to advise you that there is always a chance of pregnancy, but In your case it would seem to be low.
Emergency contraception works by delaying ovulation, which can also delay periods, and irregular bleeding is very common. Since you are at just about the time that you would normally have a period, it would not be too early to test for pregnancy.  It might put your mind at ease.
Good luck!
Dr B