Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Very tender nipples! Has anyone else had this? (Alesse)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I've been taking Alesse 28 for almost a year now, but in the past few months I'm having some weird things going on.

I missed my period last pack, and it was the first time this had happened to me while on the pills. (I had a blood pregnancy test done and it was negative by the way)

But after the missed periods, my nipples have gotten so sensitive it hurts when anything is brushed against them! I've never had this before. More veins have also appeared in my breasts.  The breasts are not sensitive, only the nipple area.  The areolas are slightly sensitive but not nearly as bad as my nipples.  Brushing them once with my hand hurts and makes them instantly erect.

Would I be starting to get side effects after this long on the pill? I thought I understood that I'd be experiencing stuff like this in the first few months, not after almost a year. It's been freaking me out because these could be pregnancy symptoms as well (and I can't afford to keep taking tests to make sure)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?   Do you still have the symptoms you mentioned? Were you able to see your doctor regarding these? Indeed, breast tenderness or swelling and sometimes nipple discharge are indeed possible side effects of Alesse. Different side effects vary from one person to another and it is also possible to have these after some time. (ref: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/alesse.html)
Take care and hope everything is well. Best regards.
can you help me i have been on the birth control reclipsen and i am trying to figure out if i am pregnant, i am having these signs i have been on reclipsen for 4 months but i also have these side effects my nipples were changing colors and my breast are enlarged with the veins enourmosly large and my breasts are tender but here is the kicker i feel full in my abdomen and i am also having funny feelings in my stomach when i ride in the car with my husband but i also have pcos and then i had my tubes burned and cauterized i know the side effects of all them is it possible to be pregnant also when i take the pill at night i feel weird and then i want to throw up emediately