Aa
A
A
Close
WHAT SHOULD I SAY :(? PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE
I am very concerned about having my period within the next week. I am 17 and living in the USA. I'm visiting my boyfriend next friday and we wanted to...you know...but I think I may have my period sometime that week and I really need to delay it! I heard about this drug Norethisterone, that an OB/GYN can prescribe, and it can potentially delay your period. I am seeing an OB/GYN for the first time tomorrow and I wanted to ask her if she could prescribe me Norethisterone, but what should I say? And what is the likelihood she will prescribe me this medicine, considering my age? Also: It is completely legal in my state to have sex at 17 with another 17 year old, the age of consent here is 16. Please answer this for me, I am completely anxious right now! :(
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Norethisterone is used to postpone a period. The dose is 5mg three times a day starting 3-4 days before a period is due. It can be continued for up to 2 weeks or so until you want to have a period. But it is advisable to use this drug  only after a doctor’s prescription.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank