Wants to stop menstrual cycle
I was wondering is there anything type of contraception, maybe a monthly shot, that I can talk to my doctor about. I'm a virgin & I don't have sex (I'm 19 years old) but I hate periods & I just want to not have them...it's pointless for me & I will forget if I take daily pills.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would discuss depo provera with you.  After a few injections periods often stop or at least diminish to spotting.  A side effect of depo can be weight gain if you are not careful.  If you weren't interested in that I would discuss the Mirena IUD--that is inserted into the uterus and after a few weeks usually gets rid of the period for many people.  We are definitely using it in virgins and women who have not been pregnant and it is very safe.  Finally, you can "stack" the Nuva ring so that you prevent periods--your doctor could discuss how that might be done for you.
Well, at least a few ideas!
Good luck!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.