Birth Control (Contraception) Community
What could be going on inside my body?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

What could be going on inside my body?

I had the Essure procedure done about 2 years ago. I went in for my follow up 3 months later and the test was good, showing my tubes are fully blocked.  My periods have never really been regular, but over the last 6 to 12 months I've noticed that they usually come within a couple days of the full moon.  Last Sunday (2 days before the full moon) I noticed that my breasts were sore and I had what I thought at the time was the beginning of my period (It's usually light for the first day and then it gets heavy for a few days and then is medium to light for a few more), but it never came.  Since then I've had a very small amount of spotting every day, which ranges from light pink to brown to red, and is almost exclusively at night, my breasts are still sore, and I've just generally been feeling kinda "icky".  A few days ago I took a couple of pregnancy tests (one if the afternoon and the next the next morning), and both came back negative. What are the chances that I'm pregnant even though I've had a successful Essure procedure?  Also, does anyone know what else could be happening in my body to cause these issues?  I'm only 30 years old, so I'm pretty sure I'm not pre-menopausal... Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

oh, and here's a hook: I'm in Canada for the semester, I don't have medical insurance, and I can't afford to go to the doctor right now...
Hi there!

The chance of a pregnancy with the essure procedure done is less than 1%, however still there is the chance of a false negative pregnancy test if it was done within 3 weeks of an alleged intercourse. Other possibilities that could cause delayed periods are stress, recent weight change, hormonal/ endocrine imbalances, cysts, growths etc.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!