Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Withdrawal method

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Withdrawal method
My wife and I do not use any contraceptives. I withdraw before ejaculation. However, last night when I ejaculated, some semen fell on the entrance of her vagina. Is there risk of pregnancy? Please advise.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to advise that there is always a risk of pregnancy.  The withdrawl method may actually work better than we have previously thought since there is some new evidence that there is not sperm in the pre-ejaculate.  However, there IS sperm in the ejaculate proper, and if your wife was my patient, I might suggest emergency contraception such as Plan B as an option.
Good luck!
Dr B
withdrawal method is not 100% safe, egg only needs 1 sperm to make a woman preggo.
The withdrawal method is not and has never been a valid. Contraception. It simply doesn't work. Never has never will, so yes she could be pregnant full stop