Wondering
I've been on birth control for 7 years. In April I starting bleeding 2 weeks early. Then when it came time for me to have my actual period nothing happened. However during that whole week I still had horrible cramps and lower back pain. My husband thought I was pregnant so I stopped taking my medicine immediately. I still haven't bled since then but I've taken 2 pregnancy test that both have came back negative. Could I be pregnant or is my body just acting weird?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of brth control can last up to three months. If you don't want to become pregnant, I would definitely recommd using a back up method such as condoms.  If you don't have a period within 3 months, you should call your doctor and some testing might be appropriate such as TSH prolactin and FSH.  Another pregnancy test would also be appropriate at that point and/or sooner if you are having unprotected sex.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.