Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Would Increase Dosage Help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Would Increase Dosage Help?

I'm 18 and have been on Junel 20 mg for 3 years. When I started taking the pill it was for acne and heavy periods so the smallest dose was okay. However, my boyfriend and I have started experimenting. He hasn't been in me very long but we've never used protection besides the pill. I'm not the best with taking it, usually taking it within the hour or two every night but not at "the exact same time". My question is would I need to increase the dosage for better protection from pregnancy or will this dosage be okay/the same? I could ask my OBGYN for some 30 or 50mg but if I did wouldn't the pap smear and increased dosage tip off my parents? I don't want them to know.

Thanks ahead for any response.
OMG! Honey you're an adult! Act like it! You don't need parents permission for a pap smear, if you're still on their insurance,tell them it was a check up or you need a refill on your birth control or say your periods are more painful than normal, or you think you may have a yeast infection. Now if you are not educated about sex I suggest you start. I also suggest getting an IUD,that helps with periods and birth control. Because you're an adult you can talk with your obgyn & tell the doc that your sexually active,this is a private conversation between you & doc. It's called doctor,patient confidentuality. Fyi- it doesn't matter how long he's inside you, he doesn't even have to be in you to get pregnant,that's called sperm that swims. One more thing don't believe your partner when he says he's never been with anyone else,you can catch a std if youre not using condoms. Please get informed!