Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Yeast infection?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Yeast infection?

I have a question about my discharge?
(I am on birth control so I am possibly open to getting this) but, I have read that the symptoms of Yeast infection are itching, burning, and cottage-cheese like discharge?
I don't burn or itch or have any pain in my vaginal area, but I have thick chunks in my discharge ( Yuck), its white and cottage cheese like. Not huge, but strings and clumps of it. Do I have the infection? If I do, what can I do to get rid of it ( and soon?)
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would prescribe Diflucan for you.  Your symptoms sound classic for yeast.  I would want to see you in the office for confirmation--a wet mount test would be appropriate.  Also, if you wanted testing for STDs I would offer it, but it certainly sounds like yeast.
If you prefer, you can try one of the over the counter vaginal creams such as Monistat or Vagistat.  Those work nicely in many cases too.
Good luck!
Dr B