Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
am i okay?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

am i okay?
I started birth control on December 18 ( a week after my period) then on December 27 I got my period again. On January 8th I had unprotected sex but he did not ejactulate inside of me. My birth control says that after 7 days of use you should be fine. Am I okay?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you are probably OK.  Whenever you start pills for the first time, it is common for bleeding to be irregular.  If all goes well, you should have a nice normal period at the end of your pack--during the placebo or sugar pills.  IF so, you are probably good to go.  IF not, a pregnancy test would be a good idea.  Whatever the case, be sure to start your new pill pack on time.
Good luck!
Dr B