Birth Control (Contraception) Community
anyone who knows about birth control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anyone who knows about birth control

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is okay to take the pill even if you have an IUD? I liked the pill mainly because it really helped my acne, but I wanted something more permenant so I switched from Tri-Cyclin Lo to the Copper IUD after the birth of my daughter. My acne is starting to come back though so that's where my question comes into play. Is it okay to take the pill with the IUD or would I have to get that removed? I feel like the answer is probably obvious but I really don't know.
Related Discussions
1770956_tn?1315321083
In general its not recommended to use two birth controls at once. I'm not entirely sure if it would be or wouldn't be safe to take the pill while having your IUD still in place.
Most birth controls would cancel each other out if combined, or so I was told by my Dr. I wouldn't take the chance honestly. If your acne becomes too bad, I would suggest talking to your Dr. and see if there is an OTC you can use to help and if that doesn't work maybe seek other options like having it removed. But if this doesn't help then talk to your Dr. because they are the only ones who can truly answer that for you. but to be safe I wouldn't take the pill. Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...