bc pill & infertility?
I've taken the BC pill, ortho novum 35 for 10 years religiously nonstop. I've been off for over 6 months...I wondered though; CAN TAKING THE PILL FOR THAT LONG CAUSE U TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT? I know it could take along time to because they have to get out of ur system but COULD they cause u to not conceive after 10+ years?
There is no evidence which says that taking birth control pills can affect your fetility.In fact taking the pill can protect you from conditions like ovarian and uterine cancers which can further lead to infertility. You can get pregnant anytime after you stop the pills. But if you do not get your periods two months after stopping the Pill it is advisable to check with your healthcare provider. In that case there may be an underlying problem that needs to be addressed. Do see your gynecologist for more queries and concerns. I hope it helps.
Best luck and take care!