Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
best type of contraceptive

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

best type of contraceptive
I once use contraceptive which I don't know the type but its an injection which I later sofer bleeding,pls what is the course & how do I get the best type.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you how long you have been using the injectable contraceptive.  If it has only been a few weeks/months, you may wish to continue using it, as often they bleeding will diminish after some time.
If you don't like irregular bleeding, one of the best options is oral contraceptive pills.  These are usually available by prescription and most general doctors or ob/gyn doctors can prescribe them for you.  Often they will require some type of physical examination prior to prescribing.
Hope this helps!
Dr B