Birth Control (Contraception) Community
birth control problems and spotting a week before period on norimin pil...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

birth control problems and spotting a week before period on norimin pill

started on depo for 3 years and as soon as i came off it things went haywire. had constant bleeding. tried mini pill still bled, went back on depo, still bled. tried combined pill zoely, still bleeding. finally got put on norimin from gynocologist after an exam where everything was fine. went to two periods a month. after 8 months on it i had a normal cycle with only one period. this month, month 11, got break through bleeding/spotting (light and brown mostly with some clots) a week before my pill period is due, this is day 2. also had bloating, headaches, cramps, moodiness and tiredness.

has anyone else experienced any of this on Norimin or know why it might be happening?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Women using Norimin pill may experience menstrual irregularities like spotting, breakthrough bleeding or missed periods. Spotting before periods could be due to stress, changing or taking of birth control pills, pregnancy, sex or anything that may cause your hormone levels to alter. It could also be implantation bleeding if it occurs a week a few days before your period. A clinical examination and work up is important for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you for your reply I've been to the doctors and they have dismissed it yet again due to the pill. I guess only time will tell now. Hopefully after nearly 4 years of trying to control my cycle it will start to work itself out.