Birth Control (Contraception) Community
birth control question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

birth control question

I was taking ortho trycyclin. actually it was the generic brand Tri Sprintec. I quit taking it at the end of December. I didn't have a cycle in till February 10th. then I had another cycle March 6th. since then I have had nothing. I was wondering if maybe it's the birth control doing it to me? now I am 19 days late. my next cycle should start April 30th or May 1st. has anyone ever come off of birth control and had this happen? or anything like this? I really need some advice. please
Hello there,
After being off the Pill it may take some for the pituitary to go back into its cyclic relationship with the ovaries. There may be menstrual irregularities for the first 3 months after stopping the pills. With any missed period if you are not on any contraception pregnancy should be ruled out. Stress, eating disorders, too much of exercise all can cause delayed periods. Ovulation dysfunction, thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalances are few other conditions causing irregularities in menstrual cycle. Consult a doctor and get evaluated.
Best wishes and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank