Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
bleeding

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

bleeding

I have been  sexually active for  a month now and  I have been  taking the emergency pills for a while, but then after a week I started bleeding  at first I thought  it was a spot but it's now a week I don't know, is it serious
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that irregular bleeding after the morning after pill is common.  I always check a pregnancy test first.  If that is negative and the bleeding is not excessive, I tend to take a "wait and watch" approach to the bleeding.
I would also encourage you to consider a more effective form of contraception if you are going to be in a long term relationship,
Good luck!
Dr B
I experience that also and my doctors advice me to take a pills..