Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
can some tell if yhall had this?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

can some tell if yhall had this?
Im thinking abt getting on the nivaring. is there any weight gain or anything. Has anyone had any problems with the nuvaring since yhall neen on it... Can someone give me some information abt it... Thanks....
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that I have had excellent success with the Nuva ring.  Because it is absorbed vaginally and does not pass through the stomach, it has fewer side effects than birth control pills.  There is typically not much weight gain--maybe 3-5 lbs of water weight + whatever the patient overeats and under-exercises.  The only two complaints that I have had are that it falls out sometimes, and there can be some vaginal discharge associated with it.
Hope this is helpful!
Dr B
Had it hated it got terrible yeast infection it was horrible. And I don't suggest a iud either I think min moved and I might be pregnant
I had it and didn't like it. It kept slipping out. And it was very uncomfortable.
I started the nuvaring today and is it suppose to be like this i went to go pee and i wanted to check if was still here and stuff well i checked i felt it soon as i u know... Is that right i have had it in all day too...
I have been on the nuvaring for just under a year. I love it because u never have to remember to take a pill. And yes u keep it in all the time for 3 weeks then take it out n toss it n u are ring free for 1 week then u put in a new one. I've had no weight gain. That all depends on your diet ad exercise. The only thing is that I do get the vaginal discharge which is making me want to switch. Idk if that is a symptom every girl gets or what. If not your gonna love it. Btw...it has NEVER fallen out and it is so comfortable you won't ever know its there
Thank u. I do like it so far....