Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
cant get pregnant after depo provera

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

cant get pregnant after depo provera
Hello, i had my son in 2008 and went on depo provera i was on it a year then i stopped then went back on it just for 1 shot then i went on the combined pill. I am now 25 and my son is 4, i have been having unprotected sex since i stopped birth control with no result. Im getting very worried. I have regular periods and i ovulate but still no baby.....plz help, thanks
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that if you are having regular periods, that should mean that the depo effects have worn off.  I would check some tests such as TSH, prolactin, progesterone, FSH and a semen analysis.  If all was normal, I would suggest an HSG--dye study of the uterus to check to see if the tubes are open or blocked.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Thank you for your answer but these tests, can they be done at my local doctors or do I need to go to a specialist?

Thank you
hello, you can always get pregnant if you have unprotected sex.