Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
changing time I take birth control

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

changing time I take birth control
I am taking my birth contril (loestin 24 fe) at 4:30pm but I need to change that to be around 9 am. Is it possible to take my pill 30min earlier every day (so 4:30 then 4:00 then 3:30 etc) and still have it be just as effective as if I took it at 4:30 each day? Would the effectiveness be affected in any way? Or would my birth control be more effective if I wait until I start my new pack next month and take the 1st pill at 9:00am?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to make your change with your new pill pack.  That will be the easiest.  Just take the first pill at 9 am and go from there.
Good luck!
Dr B