confused.
ive been on the pill form of birth control for a year now (since my son was born) and I started spot bleeding (brownish)  and then light bleeding(reddish/pink) a week before my normal period. I take my bc regularly and im just wondering whats going on?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that breakthrough bleeding is very common.  That is what your type of bleeding is called.  It is MOST common when someone misses a pill.  I can happen when the pills are taken exactly correctly too, especially if you have been on them for awhile.
For my own patient, I would suggest watching and waiting to see what the next cycle will be like.  I would also recommend a pregnancy test--I always do!
Good luck!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.