Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
could I be pregnant with child #3??

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

could I be pregnant with child #3??

I had mirena since Feb 2008, I got it removed may 30th 2012  because the hubby and i are ttc, 3 days later i was bleeding, I clotted for 3 days and had a normal period for the other 3.  (i also came on my cycle lightly in may for 2 days), now i never had any complications with the mirena as long as I had it, and my gyn had no problem taking it out.  it is now July and so far I am almost a week late for my cycle. I had the cramping for about three days off and on (sometimes it was really intense), and since the 9th of june my hubby and I have been having unprotected sex very frequently. i took a pregnancy test on june 30th but of course it came back neg.... im just wondering what could be the deal? should i buy another test now? or wait it out???
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would suggest waiting for a week and repeating the test.  Usually normal cycles resume within 4-6 weeks of removing a Mirena, but irregular bleeding is common.  If you were my patient, I would advise a wait and see approach for a few more weeks.  Your fertility is likely to return and your periods will probably sort themselves out.
Good luck!
Dr B