Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
depo expiration

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

depo expiration

I had a depo shot in Feb 2013, the only 1 I ever had and a month after its ran out I still have no sign of a period or anything that it's worn off . We are trying to conceive but having no luck so far it was only 1 shot of depo :(
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise yoiu that the effects of depo can last for up to 18 months.  If you only had one injection, it is likely that it will wear off sooner than that though.  Once you start to have regular periods again, you will know it has worn off and your chances for pregnancy will be much improved.
Good luck!
Dr B
Wen am I likely to get my period? I had some brown discharge a week ago but nothing since
I've been on depo on and off a few times. Even if you only had one shot it can take a couple months for your body to readjust. Give it another month or 2 and you should get your periods again. Keep in mind the first couple may be irregular, and it may take a few tries before you get pregnant. Good luck to you.