Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
depo provera

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

depo provera
I was on depo for three years and went off of it in 2011 because I had clots in my lungs. Until this day we have not figured out what caused my clots. We have done tons of tests which have all came back negative. Could the depo have caused my blood clots?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that depo provera is not thought to increase the risk of blood clots dramatically like estrogen does, but it is possible that it could have contributed somehow. If you need contraception again, you might do well with a Mirena