Birth Control (Contraception) Community
depo shot and antibiotics.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

depo shot and antibiotics.

I'm on depo, and take 300mg twice a day. My bf and I have unprotected sex, should I take a test within the next week? I won't get my period for a while so I can't rely on that method. On top of that, today I had a light pink color on the toilet paper when I whipped (round 6pm) but didn't have before or after. Then on Sunday (two days ago) I had red spots in my discharge around the same time when whipping after using the bathroom. I've been nauseous for the last few nights, I'm just unsure if I would've gotten pregnant due to the antibiotics. Someone PLEASE help...even a little.I just want answers, if I'm not pregnant then I need to find answers to why my body is acting this way. Thanks so much
  • my period (1 replies):
    if your period came on October 16 and now the date pass...[more]
  • pregnant questions (3 replies):
    If my boyfriend ejaculated in me (Nov. 18) && my period ...[more]
  • iam 3daylater (1 replies):
    iam 3day late and test but it say no
  • Pregant or not? (2 replies):
    im 17 and worried. so its been 46 days since i took plan...[more]
  • Miss (1 replies):
    I've been on the depo for just over two years from that ...[more]
Although chances of pregnancy with depo shots are very less, yet it is important to rule out pregnancy. Moreover these symptoms can be due to hormonal imbalance caused due to depo shots.

You can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests. The HCG (it is a hormone) levels rise only in pregnancy and its presence will confirm the status of your pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing