Birth Control (Contraception) Community
depo shot and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

depo shot and pregnancy

I am 24 years old. I have 2 boys, 7 and 4 years old. With oldest son i took 14 pregnancy test all came out negative, even though i knew i was or atleast was pretty sure I was. Last test came out positive. I have taken 4 this time and all negative. I have all the signs of being pregnant. I was on depo shot for 4 years. I was told that it would take a long time after you stop taking shot to get pregnant but I think I am. I was suppose to get shot about 3 or so months ago.......Any thoughts......
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
After stopping depo it may take some time for your periods to normalize. The time varies in every woman and can be from 2-3 months to 12-18 months .The length of time you use Depo-Provera usually has no effect on how long it takes you to become pregnant. If you are not on any contraceptive you can get pregnant any time. Are you also having other symptoms suggestive of pregnancy like sore breasts, increased urinary frequency, nausea, vomiting etc? If you are doubtful take up pregnancy test. Visit your gynecologist for more queries and assistance. A clinical examination is very important. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!