Birth Control (Contraception) Community
depo shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

depo shot

hi i first started the depo shot in may and since then i was experiencing discharge and stuff and about a week ago i started bleeding and having my period its not that bad but anyway my question is how long do u get your period for when on the depo shot any answer would be helpful i get my 2nd injection in about 2 weeks so i would like to know soon thanks  
I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I never had a period. I did have light to moderate clear discharge I figured it was pretty normal. I didn't think much it. But I also got pregnant on the depo and ended up miscarrying my baby at 10 weeks. I was told I miscarried because the depo was fighting the fetus and it eventually terminated my pregnancy. Their not suppose to be giving anybody the depo shot anymore because of that very reason. To many women ended up pregnant on the depo shot having complications with pregnancies and/or miscarrying their babies . So just keep that in mind. Make sure you do a pregnancy test before you ever see your doctor for the depo shot. You might want to have your doctor give you the pill instead sounds like they haven't heard about the update on that Depo shot. Good luck and your in my prayers.
thank u i would go on the pill but i cant swallow pills plus i never had a boyfriend so i know im not pregnant and im having my period now but idk how long its gonna last  thanks for letting me know about that